Stilton with Mango and Ginger Waffles and Bacon
These are the fluffiest, tastiest waffles I've ever made...in the time it takes to use a box mix, you can mix together these delicious, homemade waffles.
Makes 7 plate-size waffles
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
1/4 teaspoon apple or pumpkin pie spice (optional)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 3/4 cup milk (or half and half)
2 pieces bacon - crumbled
1/4 lb Stilton cheese with fruit such as dried mango, blueberries, or cranberries
With extra reserved for crumbles on top of the waffles.
1. Turn on waffle maker, to heat up. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
3. Fold in crumbled cheese and bacon
4. Ladle a spoonful of batter into the center of waffle maker, close lid, and cook until the steam stops coming out of the sides of waffle maker.
5. Top each waffle with cheese and bacon crumbles and maple syrup.
Any leftover waffles can be frozen and popped in a toaster for breakfast on a busy weekday morning!